Two styles of camping safaris: Semi Participation Safaris and Fully Serviced Safaris
Semi Participation mobile safari
– High slung bucket showers
– 2.1m x 2.1m x 1.75m easy-to-erect bow tents which have treated mosquito mesh covering all the windows and doors.
– Comfortable 5cm high density foam camping mattresses
Fully Serviced mobile safari
– 3m x 3m x 1.95m bow tents which have treated mosquito mesh covering all the windows and doors.
– Comfortable camp bed with bedrolls and bedding for each guest.
– En-suite bush ablutions consist of high slung bucket showers and bush toilets with private canvas screens
Life at camp / on safari
Meals are served in a tranquil setting next to the campfire in the African bush. Traditional meals are prepared on the open fire by the camp assistant.(towels are also provided).
What to bring – luggage to consist of
• one large kit bag.
• no hard suitcases (max. weight = 12kg).
• one item of hand luggage (e.g. A small backpack).
• Passport (must be valid at least another 6 months from date of entry) and valid visas
• Warm Sleeping Bag.
• Torch with spare batteries (LED light preference)
• Warm Jacket.
• Swimming Costume.
• Natural Clothing (i.e. No bright colours).
• A pair of light weight long pants and a lightweight long sleeve shirt (to use against the sun).
• Comfortable walking shoes and strops/sandals.
• Camera Equipment, Binoculars, and lots of spare memory cards & batteries.
• Water bottle.
• Personal Toiletries in small bag, not a vanity case.
• Suntan Lotion and block out for the face.
• Malaria Prophylaxis.
• Mosquito repellant lotion/spray.
Safaris are equipped with the luxuries required for travel comfort and peaceful relaxation (custom-built safari vehicles, a mobile kitchen serving good wholesome food with an African flavour and ice-cold drinks for that tropical sundowner) while still maintaining the exhilarating adventurous spirit of the pioneer.
The vehicle model we have come to trust is a Landrover Defender TD5. We strip the vehicles apart and made them 2m wide and 5 m long. This now allows us to seat up to 16 guests. However, to make it even more comfortable, we have limited our maximum capacity to 12 guests on our Semi Participation Safaris and a maximum of 9 guests on our Fully Serviced Safaris.
This allows plenty of space on each row for day packs, camera equipment and space between guests. Each vehicle has 4 rows with a maximum of 3 guests per row for increased guest comfort and space. Our seats are bench seats to allow for great flexibility and are not bucket seats which can be restricting. Each vehicle has coil springs with double shocks – this reduces the bouncing felt by guests on very bumpy bush roads.
Another crucial feature beside the comfort and provided space is visibility out of the vehicle. All our
Safari Vehicles are fitted with a windscreen that can be placed flat on the bonnet so guests can enjoy unobstructed views/photographic opportunities on game drives. Further the canvas roof is removable, which enables guests to stand up on seats and enjoy the sights and smells of the African bush from a higher perspective. Perspex windows can be easily put up to protect against the cold and rain or wind on long drives. There is no separation between the guide and the guests which allows for communication and interaction between the guest/guide at any time.
Additionally, we also provide extra features which we found important during a safari. Every vehicle has a fridge for cold beverages for that perfect sun downers or a cool drink during game drives in the hot African Bush. There is an inverter (220VAC with two pin euro plug adapter) that guests are welcome to use to charge camera batteries. The side door can be folded down completely and provides easy access and exits – which is more convenient than climbing up and down a high vehicle as it is with the usual safari vehicles
All our customised safari vehicles are extra wide allowing for more seating space and have:
Removable canvas roof
Perspex windows for the cold and rain
Fridge for cold beverages
Folding side door
Comfortable coil spring suspension
120L water tank with tap
Open sides for unobstructed views.
Our custom designed vehicles and trailers are ideally suited for photographic safaris in the African bush.
– Easy modular packing system – saves time- Chair box for easy access
– Folding side table complete with full kitchen behind