Two options are available for the Buffalo camping safari:
Option 1: pre night in Maun – extra cost
You can land in Maun the day before the safari starts, have time to do your drink shopping, relax, and if you wish embark on an optional scenic flight over the spectacular Okavango Delta. AfriSafaris can assist with pre-safari arrangements (accommodation, transfers, etc.).
Option 2: transfer straight from the airport to the campsite. Same Rate as
You can land in Maun on the day the safari starts and dive into the bush straight away! If you wish to do so, we can assist you to organise a transfer to the community campsite located outside Moremi Game Reserve
ItineraryBuffalo Camping Safari
Days 1: Community campsite at the doorstep of Moremi Game Reserve (L,D)
The safari starts in Maun at 09:00 am from where you will be transferred to the edge of the Delta to meet your team and start your exploration of Botswana’s fantastic wilderness. After a relaxing lunch overlooking the Santantadibe floodplain, you will proceed through quaint villages renowned for their talented basket weavers. Your first night will be spent in a concession located outside Moremi Game Reserve.
Day 1: Maun – campsite outside Moremi: 110km, 4 to 5 hours (including lunch break)
N.B. If you do not wish to pre night and prefer choosing option 2 to start your safari (see above) you will reach the campsite and meet your team late afternoon (dinner only).
Days 2-4: Moremi Game Reserve, Camping
- Early morning, you will drive through to Moremi Game Reserve, one of the best wilderness areas of Botswana which covers swamp and dry areas.
- During a short break en-route, your guide will give you a full overview of your safari.
- The next three days will be spent searching for the wide variety of wildlife and birds that this area is renowned for while absorbing the sounds and beauty of this region.
- Game drives in the early morning as the sun rises and in the late afternoon as the sun sets will be the norm.
- After your morning game drives, you will return to camp for lunch and a siesta.
- On Day 4 you will move campsites to explore a different area of this diverse park. Camping will be in private designated campsites with bush ablutions. (B, L, D)
Days 5-7: Chobe National Park, Camping
Chobe National Park, with its diverse and striking landscapes, will be your next destination.
- As you continue your search for wildlife, you will traverse the drier region of Savuti where bull elephants dot the plains.
- You will then head northwards to the Chobe River where your game drives will meander along the banks of the river, followed by the call of the majestic African Fish Eagle.
- Camping will be in private designated areas with bush ablutions
- first in the Savuti area (Day 5), then in the northern part of the park closer to the riverfront (Day 6 & 7). (B, L, D)
Day 5: Eastern Moremi – Savuti: 120km, 7-8h (transfer and game drive)
Day 6: Savuti – Chobe River: 170 km, 5-6h (transfer and game drive)
Days 8-9: Livingstone, Zambia, comfortable lodge
- After a short morning game drive you will cross the Zambezi River by ferry and then drive to Livingstone on the Zambian side of the Victoria Falls (Visa required), where you will spend the night at a comfortable lodge.
- In the afternoon there will be time to visit the thunderous Victoria Falls and shop for curios.
- Dinner will be at your own expense at the lodge
Day 8: Chobe River – Livingstone: 100km, 2-3h (including border crossing)
(Day 8 – B, L & Day 9 – B)
The safari officially endsat 10h00 on Day 9.
Afrisafaris is happy to arrange post-tour accommodation, activities and transfers to airports or lodges, Victoria Falls airport or lodges or Kasane, Botswana, at an additional cost. Activities in Livingstoneinclude White Water Rafting down the Zambezi Gorge, Canoeing on the upper Zambezi, Elephant rides and Helicopter Flights over the Victoria Falls, please ask your guide for further details.
Buffalo camping safari Special
You Might Also Like: Adventure Lodge Safaris