Spurwing Island Safari Lodge, Matusadonha, Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe
Bordering Matusadona National Park with wide open expanses of lakeshore, stunning views of the escarpment, Sanyati Gorge and lake Kariba. Spurwing is a unique destination, an ideal island getaway for families and honeymooners.
■ Chalets (3 in total) : stone under thatch with en-suite bath – separate shower – toilet and washbasin. Twin bedded with built in cupboards – dressing table and chairs – ceiling fan – plug socket – (220V AC) square pin – mosquito nets. Rooms have french doors which open out onto a verandah. Ooptional double bed or extra beds for children.
■ Tents (11 in total ) : Enclosed with two zip entrances – one onto a small verandah and the other into an en-suite bathroom which has a shower – toilet and washbasin
■ Cabins (6 in total) : stone under thatch – with en-suite shower – toilet and washbasin – twin bedded with built in cupboards and dressing table – plug socket (220V AC) – ceiling fan – mosquito nets # optional double bed or extra beds for children
Facilities & Activities
• Game viewing options incorporating both water (by boat) and land (by foot and by vehicle) – guests have access to some of the finest game and bird viewing in the country
• Elephant, buffalo, cheetah and lion are regularly sighted
• Over 200 species of birds in a variety of habitats from floodplain through woodland to montane
• A favourite retreat for anglers and a photographer’s paradise
• Game Drives
• Game Walks
• Game Cruises
• Catering: All meals are served in the centrally located dining area. The dining room is open sided under thatch.
We can cater for any specific dietary requirements on request
Rates are pppn sharing valid to 31 Dec 2018