Spurwing Island Safari Lodge, Matusadonha, Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe
Bordering Matusadona National Park with wide open expanses of lakeshore, stunning views of the escarpment, Sanyati Gorge and lake Kariba. Spurwing is a unique destination, an ideal island getaway for families and honeymooners.
■ Chalets (3 in total) : stone under thatch with en-suite bath – separate shower – toilet and washbasin. Twin bedded with built in cupboards – dressing table and chairs – ceiling fan – plug socket – (220V AC) square pin – mosquito nets. Rooms have french doors which open out onto a verandah. Ooptional double bed or extra beds for children.
■ Tents (11 in total ) : Enclosed with two zip entrances – one onto a small verandah and the other into an en-suite bathroom which has a shower – toilet and washbasin
■ Cabins (6 in total) : stone under thatch – with en-suite shower – toilet and washbasin – twin bedded with built in cupboards and dressing table – plug socket (220V AC) – ceiling fan – mosquito nets # optional double bed or extra beds for children
Facilities & Activities
• Game viewing options incorporating both water (by boat) and land (by foot and by vehicle) – guests have access to some of the finest game and bird viewing in the country
• Elephant, buffalo, cheetah and lion are regularly sighted
• Over 200 species of birds in a variety of habitats from floodplain through woodland to montane
• A favourite retreat for anglers and a photographer’s paradise
• Game Drives
• Game Walks
• Game Cruises
• Catering: All meals are served in the centrally located dining area. The dining room is open sided under thatch.
We can cater for any specific dietary requirements on request