Big Cave Camp Matobo Hills Bulawayo
Big Cave Camp is a stunning safari lodge bordering the Matobo Hills National Park, a world heritage site.
Big Cave is situated at the top of an enormous granite whaleback with commanding views across the famous Matopos.
A place of solitude and retreat, there are many activities to do from rhino viewing to mountain biking, yoga, cultural and visiting Rhodes Grave.
The Matobo Hills is home to the greatest variety and density of birds of prey anywhere in the world – including the Black Eagle, African Hawk Eagle and the rare Cape Eagle Owl.
One of the worlds largest concentrations of San rock art
Visits to raptor nest sites, bird watching and sightings of ‘life-list’ species. 140 known species of bird life in the area
Big Cave Camp is 46km on good tarred road from the town of Bulawayo
7 x thatched A-frame cottages
• En-suite bathroom and private balcony
Facilities & Activities
• game drives or walks to view Black & White Rhino
• guided tours to Matabo National Park to view Rhodes’ Grave, World’s View, famous rock art galleries and historical features
• visits to Ndebele Village
• horse Riding in Matobo Game Park
• organised walks and drives are included in the daily rate and a guide will accompany you at all times