Cape Town – Garden Route Tour
5 day Tour of Garden Route and Western Province, starting and ending in Cape Town.
The southern coastline of South Africa is called the Garden Route, a scenic blend of mountain ranges, vineyards and the Karoo desert.
At Oudtshoorn visit the Cango Caves, an impressive display for dripstone formations formed over 20-million years.
Oudtshoorn is also the ostrich capital with some 400 farms. A fascinating tour learning more about this large flightless bird.
The Maritime Museum at Mossel Bay is packed with history depiciting the voyage of Bartholomey Dias, showing the costumes of the day as well as a replica of his boat.
Highlights – South Africa Garden Route tour 5 day bus package tour from Cape Town
– leaving Cape Town behind our tour takes us along the famous Route 62 to Oudtshoorn
– Route 62 meanders through vineyards, mountain vistas and the semi arid Klein Karoo
– travel back in time some 20-million years on a visit to the Cango Caves
– visit Oudtshoorn with its 400 ostrich farms making it the ostrich capital of the world
– continuing over the Outeniqua Mountains along the scenically beautiful Garden Route
– in Knysna we will savour Knysna’s famous oysters
– next stop on our itinerary is Mossel Bay and a visit to the Dias Museum
– an amazing maritime collection of Bartolomeu Dias’ voyage to the Cape including costumes and boats
– Mossel Bay is perhaps best known for the place where the first Europeans landed
– accommodation is at a private game reserve where you will enjoy a game drive searching for the Big 5
– visit Cape Agulhas, the southernmost tip of Africa where the Indian ocean meets the Atlantic
– during July to November at Hermanus the whale watching season is in progress
– whales can be seen from the shore – however better views are from a boat.
– this is a beautiful experience watching the whales and calves playing, spy hopping and breaching
– the tour continues along the False Bay coastline returning to Cape Town
Garden Route TourTISD 42
Duration: 5 days – 4 nights
Start /end location : Cape Town – Western Province
Departs: Monday (bilingual) – Wednesday (English) – Friday (bilingual)
Min/max passengers: 2 – 14 guests per vehicle
Vehicles: luxury sedan or minibus
Accommodation : 3 & 4 star hotels & private game lodges
Meals : 4 breakfasts – 4 dinners
Entrance fees : Cango Caves • Ostrich Farm • Diaz Museum; Cape Agulhas Lighthouse Museum
Excursions: Sunset Knysna Oyster Cruise • 2 x open safari vehicle game drives
Rates are per person valid to 31 October 2018