African Queen - Kariba Houseboat
African Queen is a well priced Lake Kariba Houseboat for 10 guests, with all cabins having lake views.
Well maintained popular family boat with splash pool and tender boats.
This 3 star rated boat is the perfect choice for fishing, birding and relaxation.
houseboat rental with cabins located on the lower deck.
– For sleeping arrangements they are configured as follows:
– Cabin 1 contains a double bed
– There are 2 x single beds in Cabins 2 and 3
– Two sets of bunk beds can be found in Cabin 4 (these are smaller beds and ideal for children).
– All cabins have cupboard space and although they are not air conditioned they face outwards towards the water with good ventilation.
– A portable air-conditioner can be found in Cabin 1
– There are two bathrooms with toilets, showers, hand basins with hot water supplied by a solar geyser.
– There is an additional cold shower off the Bermuda Deck
Passengers : maximum of 12
Engines : 2 Perkins Marine diesel engines with a cruising speed of 5 to 6 knots
Crew : Captain – Chef – Deckhand
Tender Boats : two (1 x Osprey & 1 x pontoon)
Moored at : Breezes Marina
Boarding times : 12 noon / disembark 09h30
Rates are dry boat per night valid to 31 December 2018
Off peak period : US$ 350
Peak Periods : US$ 500
(Peak periods: 24 December 2019 – 02 Jan 2019)
Fuel Estimates – African Queen
1 night charter : as far as Antelope or Zebra Island – 75 litres
2 night charter : as far as Nyodza / Palm bay or the above – 150 litres
3 night charter : as far as Palm bay / Sanyati West – 200 Litres
4 night charter : as far as Gordon’s Bay – 275 Litres
5 night charter : as far as Elephant point – 325 Litres
6 night charter : as far as Umi River – 450 Litres