African Queen – Kariba Houseboat
African Queen is a well priced Lake Kariba Houseboat for 10 guests, with all cabins having lake views.
Well maintained popular family boat with splash pool and tender boats.
houseboat rental with cabins located on the lower deck.
– For sleeping arrangements they are configured as follows:
– Cabin 1 contains a double bed
– There are 2 x single beds in Cabins 2 and 3
– Two sets of bunk beds can be found in Cabin 4 (these are smaller beds and ideal for children).
– All cabins have cupboard space and although they are not air conditioned they face outwards towards the water with good ventilation.
– A portable air-conditioner can be found in Cabin 1
– There are two bathrooms with toilets, showers, hand basins with hot water supplied by a solar geyser.
– There is an additional cold shower off the Bermuda Deck
Passengers : maximum of 12
Engines : 2 Perkins Marine diesel engines with a cruising speed of 5 to 6 knots
Crew : Captain – Chef – Deckhand
Tender Boats : two (1 x Osprey & 1 x pontoon)
Moored at : Breezes Marina
Boarding times : 12 noon / disembark 09h30
Fuel Estimates – African Queen
1 night charter : as far as Antelope or Zebra Island – 75 litres
2 night charter : as far as Nyodza / Palm bay or the above – 150 litres
3 night charter : as far as Palm bay / Sanyati West – 200 Litres
4 night charter : as far as Gordon’s Bay – 275 Litres
5 night charter : as far as Elephant point – 325 Litres
6 night charter : as far as Umi River – 450 Litres
Rates valid to 31 December 2018