Information for Luxury Camping Safari
Fully Serviced Camping Safari is a real out of Africa safari experience with en suite tents and three course meals into the remoter parts of the national parks
The major difference between semi-luxury and luxury safari is that in semi you share ablutions and in luxury you have en-suite
· spacious bow tents with camp bed and full bedding with ensuite bush ablutions
· The tents are furnished with single camp beds, foam mattresses, duvets, sheets, blankets and pillows
· Lighting is provided by gas lamps, which provide enough light to read by
· The ablutions are en-suite, consisting of a long drop toilet and hot water bucket shower.
· The bucket shower water temperature is regulated by the amount of hot or cold water mixed in the bucket. Guests can have it as hot or cold as they like it
· Canvas hand basins with mirrors attached are placed in front of each tent and are filled with hot water after every meal and activity. Soap, hand and bath towels are provided
Insurance & Type of Medical Cover offered
In the event of a medical emergency, guests are covered by medical
air rescue BUT It is imperative that guests take out their own fully
comprehensive medical insurance to cover any hospitalization or further
All guides that lead mobile camping safaris are trained in first aid
Meals and Drinks
· Three substantial meals per day are served, between planned safari activities
· Breakfast may be a full English breakfast or a quick cereal and coffee breakfast to fit in with game drives and early departures
· Brunch or lunch will consist of a main course, two salads and fresh fruit.
· Scones, cake or biscuits are served at tea
· Dinners consists of three courses served with house wine
· Menus change daily and fresh produce is used
· Vegetarian or special diets can be catered for by prior arrangement
· Beverages are included in the safari fare and include
Alcoholic beverages, which include red wine, white wine, vodka, gin, brandy, sherry, whisky and beer
Soft drinks, which include coke, tonic, bitter lemon, coke lite, Schweppes lemon, soda water and bottled water
Staff· In addition to a professional Botswana registered safari guide who has had first aid training, we will have a full complement of staff to perform all chores.
· Generally excluding the guide they are made up of a driver, cook, waiter, and bedroom hand and scullery helper. The exact number of assistants will depend on the number of guests.
· The camp assistants perform all camp chores such as setting up camp and the preparation of meals
Weather permitting laundry is done daily with the exception of the days the camp moves to it's next location
The safari vehicle used is a custom fitted 4 x 4 vehicle that seats 8 guests ensuring that everyone gets a window seat.
It is good idea to give us a list of your preferences so we can make sure we have plenty of these items!