Zambezi Sands River Camp – Victoria falls
16-bed tented lodge situated on the banks of the Zambezi river.
Within the western part of the Zambezi National Park, upstream from Victoria Falls.
“This place is sooooooooo beautiful and the activities were so nice. I loved the rafting”
Eight double or twin luxury tents have been built into the bush on raised wooden platforms at the water’s edge. Each has its own private splash pool .
8 Twin bedded or double bedded suites and 1x four-bed family suite
The centrally-located main camp consists of a dining room, lounge and bar, with a shaded outdoor deck for alfresco dining experiences looking out over the river.
Zambezi Sands offers a wonderful combination of wildlife and river-based activities, whilst being conveniently close to the attractions of Victoria Falls itself.
On offer are game drives, game walks, canoeing and fishing, as well as tours of the Victoria Falls, shopping trips, a sunset cruise among the islands and a village visit and school tour. OtherVictoria Falls activitiescan be arranged on request.
Transfers from Victoria Falls are by vehicle (1.5 hours along the Zambezi River, or 45 mins through the forest).
Imvelo Safari Lodges play a huge role in support of the local communities in the area
• Employing local staff
• Supporting local Primary and Secondary Schools and Clinics
• Assisting with drilling wells for clean water supplies
• Providing dental health care in the communities adjacent to Hwange National Park and Victoria Falls through an annual mobile Dental Safari,
• Distributing maize-seed and providing feeding programmes in times of drought.
• All this has a tremendous conservation spin off to the area and wildlife as there is a direct linkage between the tourism benefits to local communities and wildlife conservation.