Packing guide for Houseboats
A list of catering options and drinks list for houseboats based at Binga and Kariba harbour, Lake Kariba - Zimbabwe
a scene from Operation Noah
Packing Guide for Houseboat Hire
This list is not exhaustive, but should give you an idea of what to bring
If you have left anything behind you may want to visit the shop in the harbour, at Kariba or Binga Spar in Binga, which has a variety of "goodies" and boating items
To Order Local Beers, Wine & Soft Drinks from Kariba Online Drinks list order
By law the Captain is in command of the boat and his word is final in all aspects of lake safety.
• The Captain is responsible for the safety of the boat and the passengers. He will not proceed in adverse weather conditions and no passenger has the right to instruct him otherwise, nor to direct him to move contrary to his wishes
• All passengers are to obey any water-borne safety instruction issued by the Captain
• Lifejackets are available on board and must be worn whenever instructed by the Captain.
• No-one is permitted to jump from the boat whilst it is traveling nor is anyone permitted on the roof. Be vigilant for ever-present crocodiles which are dangerous.
• Travel at night is prohibited unless in an emergency.
• The Captain will not exceed normal cruising speed except in an emergency.
• Unauthorised use of the ship to shore radio is not permitted.
• Only the crew may fill the fuel tanks of the tender boats
chat to us- it's easier
Zimbabwe Parks in the Palm of your Hand