Kariba Annual Events and Tourist Attractions
Events, Tourist Attractions and Activities at Kariba Town- Kariba Tiger Tournament & Marathon
Tourist attractions and activities at Kariba
• Sunset, booze cruises AM & PM
• Game drives AM & PM
• Traditional village and dancers Village trips including: Observation
Point, Dam Wall,
• Santa Barbara Church, Memorial to Operation Noah, Lake View from
Most High Hotel
• Safaris and activities ½ or 1 day safaris with professional
• Crocodile Farm
• Casino at Caribbea
• Scenic air flights over Dam Wall - Flight of River God Safari
• Lake Day pass to Kariba Country Club or Kariba Yacht Club - Children
½ or 1 day boat hire with driver and/or self drive •
5 seater boat Sportster •
7 seater boat Vengeance •
8 seater boat Sabre
Full day from 06.30 am – 05.30 pm
Half day from 06.30 am –
- Speedboat Prices
Annual Events held at Kariba
17 December 2016 - its the Warthogs Annual
Pimp My Wheelbarrow Race
Kariba International Tigerfishing Tournament
18,19 & 20 October 2017
The tournament is held at the National Anglers Union of Zimbabwe site at Charara in October every year
One of the greatest game fish tournaments in the world. Between 250 to 300 teams from South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Zambia, Namibia, England, Canada, and the Middle East enter each year
A wide range of entertainment and fun (other than the fishing) is arranged to keep competitors, spectators and hangers-on happy throughout the week.
Kariba 21km Half-Marathon, 10km Fun Run/Walk and Kids Run: Sunday 9 August 2015
* The half marathon covers 21 kms of spectacular scenery.
* If you just want some family fun, you can take part in the 10 km Fun Run/Walk or the 2km
* Under 10's children's race
Cost: Marathon / Fun Run ($20 per adult)
Kids Run: ($5 per child)
August is a lovely time of year in Kariba – perfect temperatures and stunningly beautiful views over the lake
more information: Kariba Half marathon
The theme is Kariba's incredible wildlife - prizes for best dressed kids and adult teams / most impressive wheelbarrow and lots of spot pizes.
Rules : 2 wheels max. - $5 for each extra wheel.
For every driver there must be a passenger.
No motors and absolutely no seriousness allowed.
$2 entry fee per team.
So on your marks - get set - wheelbarrow line up 2 pm for a 3 pm shove off.
Christmas party to follow.
May the best barrow win . G+ hangout Free video chat and multimedia messages