Kariba Speed Boat & Tender Boat Hire rates
small Boats can be hired from Kariba harbour as:
- an additional tender boat for your houseboat trip
- for use during your stay at one of the lake islands
- half a day’s fishing
- a day's fishing / game viewing at Matusadona
Tender and Speed Boat Hire
Available are a variety of speedboats and transfer boats to be used for boating activities, and the larger transfer boats for transportation of up to 36 max people to the Islands.
Each boat is Captained by an experienced Driver, and no person other than the Captain is allowed to drive. Overnight accommodation for the captian can be arranged
Speed Boat Types for Hire and Current Rates 2012
|Sportster||5 people max||Half Day||$80|
|Sportster||5 people max||Full Day||$100|
|Sabre||8 people||Half day||$100|
|Sabre||8 people||Full day||$130|
|Eagle||10 people||Half Day||$140|
|Eagle||10 people||Full Day||$180|
1. The harbour does not permit people to stay in the harbour overnight. This is a Lake Navigation ruling, and unless special arrangements have been made prior to your arrival, you will have to seek alternative accommodation if you arrive after 5pm.
2. Kariba is a malaria area and bilharzias is prevalent in the lake. It is advisable to take the necessary prophylactics as prescribed by your doctor. Swimming in the lake is definitely not advisable.
3. Beware of ever-present crocodiles and hippos, which inhabit the lake
4. No smoking is allowed in any of the cabins, only on the open decks.
5. The generators on the boats can only run for a maximum of five hours a day. This is sufficient time to keep the deep freezes and refrigerators cold. All generators have to be switched off latest by 20h00. This is a National Parks Law. Please do not ask the Captain to extend the hours of the generator.
6. On air conditioned vessels, the air conditioners will only be turned on while the generators are running.
7. Guests may board at 12 noon and on the day of departure must disembark by 10am on their return to the harbour.
We Specialize in Tailor-made Itineraries for Your Kariba Speedboat Hire
Email us at
Contact a Local for Tour Advice - The Best Experts are the People that Live There
eMail: | kype africa.travel